Monday, December 5, 2011

White Christmas!











This was a fun busy weekend! We made christmas tree cupcakes Friday, went to the Christmas parade Saturday, and spent yesterday at Church. Kevin got the lights put up outside the house on Saturday thanks to the beautiful weather! The kids played outside and enjoyed the parade. Sadly I left my camera at home:(


Yesterday morning was our White Christmas at church. We all had our gifts wrapped in white to put under the tree. The kids get to come in the sanctuary and drop their gifts off before going back to the room. I think last year Turner was wheeled in with a bunch of the other little ones. Big difference a year makes-he walked by himself straight to the tree and threw his gift in front of it-my sweet sweet boy:) Maddie did the same, minus the throwing, and then they headed back to class. It is a great opportunity to tell the kids about those less fortunate than us, and I am so glad they participate in this event!!


Last night it was back to church for Maddie's choir program. We are making progress. We have discovered that onstage Maddie gets a little shy, let's make that a lot shy!!! She will get on stage and just stand there with her hands in her mouth or rubbing her eyes. Last night she sang her little heart out. She didn't do any of the hand movements, and her hands were still all over her eyes.....but she was singing, smiling, and we were proud! Turner will join in the fun next year and I can't wait to see what he will do. I think he might be the bigger performer of the two!!!


It was a great weekend and I have been busy today picking up supplies for all the things I am making and baking for the holiday season. All thanks to pinterest!!! That sight is addicting, overwhelming, and so much fun. Pics will be posted soon!! My newest venture is making necklaces-we shall see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment