Friday, December 16, 2011

A Farewell Dinner!!



Last night we had Nay Nay, Tyler, and Tucker over for dinner. We were so sad Bubba had already gone to St. Louis with his Daddy and they weren't able to join us. We had a breakfast casserole, pineapple surprise, bacon, eggs, and biscuits to eat. There was a lot to eat!! It was a great night! They are leaving today to start their new journey in St. Louis. We are going to miss them....a lot! Nay Nay always gives my kids the best gifts. She and I were in Maddie's room last night and I was looking around, I saw so many things she had done for her. Maddie's pillowcase, bowholder, and the mats we use for movie night were all done by Nay Nay. So even though we aren't going to see her very often, we have lots of reminders of her all over our house:) For that I am so thankful! Last night she gave them the best gift of all. She bought them the recordable "Goldilocks and Three Bears" book. You push a button and Nay Nay reads the book to them!!! We have already read it several times today and at the end Nay Nay tells them she loves and misses them and for us to come visit soon:) It was such a perfect thoughtful gift, and I know that we will be hearing Nay Nay's voice often!!


I hate that I did not take a single picture! I did take one this morning of the kids listening to their book. I talked to Nay Nay this afternoon as they were pulling up to their new house. So thankful they made it their safely and so thankful for our friendship!! We might not see each other as often, but Nay Nay is going to have to move further than four hours away to get rid of the Wilkes bunch:)





No comments:

Post a Comment