Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Christmas Tradition!











Since the kids were three years old, Mary and I have gotten the kids together to decorate a gingerbread "something" for Christmas. It is always a lot of fun and Turner has joined in the fun the past two years. We have done a mini gingerbread village, santa's and his sleigh, and this year a big Santa in his sleigh with his reindeer. I like to do something that Trey can take home with him, but it didn't work out this year. Target didn't have any multiple sets that we hadn't already done:( Nevertheless, the kids had a BLAST making it and Mary and I were able to catch up. Next year Garner should be old enough to be able to join in the fun:)


We started the night with grilled cheese and tomato soup for everyone. Turner has decided he loves it, and that thrills me to pieces. Maddie seems to take after her daddy and is turning into a pretty picky eater. I think Turner is going to be more like me and I am so glad. I figure if 1/2 the household will eat it, then it is ok for me to make it!! Back to tonight.....after dinner, we immediately got to work. We always have a hard (ok, very frustrating) time getting all the pieces to stick. Even Trey and Maddie were getting onto their creation by the time it was over. But I love watching them sneak the candy in their mouth in between decorating. It was a big mess, didn't turn out that cute, but all three kiddos were smiling and sitting still-mission accomplished!!

I also bought a tree cookie kit that comes with stuff to decorate them as well. We ran out of time tonight but will hopefully get together soon to make them. Next week a trip to Bass Pro is in the works to see Santa. This is another outing we do every year with the Gaine's family. Our children love each other so much and are so stinking cute around each other. I am so thankful for my friends and love that so many have kids close in age to mine. It makes for great times and memories to be made!!


***A little sidenote-Bubblegum was hanging out on the mantle this morning in one of Turner's trucks. He had left the kids a note and had unwrapped a starburst and was holding it in his hands. Maddie woke me up wanting to go look for him. It was so funny when the kids saw him. Maddie thought it was hilarious......Turner, not so much. The kid cried because he wanted his truck back!!! I have never seen him play with the thing, but he definitely didn't want Bubblegum hanging out in it. I hated to tell him he had to wait till morning before he could have it back. Not quite the reaction I was expecting, but Bubblegum is the main topic of conversation in our house at the moment. Too Too Fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment