Saturday, March 27, 2010

Update of the week and Easter Egg Hunt Fun!









It has been a hectic week! It started with me taking Maddie to the doctor on Monday and letting them look at Turner's hand. Maddie has had tubes in her ears for almost 2 years and we haven't had ear problems since. Well over the weekend I noticed she was picking at her ear a lot and there was some dried blood and gunk coming out. Sure enough, her right ear was infected. She also was breaking out again with that lovely folliculitis and had a viral rash. So she has been on an antibiotic and has used ear drops all week. The nurse thought Turner's hand looked good and she didn't think it was necessary to see a surgeon. We have really been second guessing that decision the past few days. His blisters broke and he was fine at the beginning of the week. We have noticed though, that he is not using two of his fingers very much. He is keeping his second finger open at all times and I am worried about the long term effects of this awful burn. We are assuming that it is just tender and are going to give it a little more time. Pray that my little man's fingers heal and he has full mobility soon!!

Along with dealing with illnesses, football training has gotten under way. Kevin is gone now on Monday and Thursday evenings, which has put Maddie going to bed later. She has been wanting me to lay with her these past few weeks, but of course when daddy isn't home she wants him! She is a smart girl and thinks that she is getting one up on me, but I know she is just prolonging bedtime, and for the meantime-I am letting her win:) Friday, the kids and I had a fun day. We went to the mall to see the Easter bunny, which Maddie loved and Turner hated. I got their picture made and got lemonade and pretzel sticks from Aunt Annie's. Maddie wanted to ride the carousel. It was the first time we had all been without Kevin. Well-I don't like the carousel. Going round and round makes me sick and Turner was with us. So what did this loving mommy do? That's right-Put Maddie on a horse and held Turner next to her and prayed that I didn't get sick!!! I didn't but am not in any hurry to do it again! We left there to stop by my work and then met Mimi for lunch at Milano's. Once Kevin got home, we all went outside and played. Kevin moved Maddie's basketball goal outside and she had a blast!!

Which brings us to today. Busy, Busy day! We left the house at 9:30 to go to an Easter Egg Hunt at Bartlett Park. The kids had so much fun. There were a million kids there so we decided not to let Turner participate. He would have been trampled for sure. But I think he enjoyed watching everyone. Maddie got several eggs and a bunch of candy. Inside one of her eggs was a prize. She won an Easter Basket that had several goodies in it. They also had a moon bounce that she jumped in and saw one of her old friends from Kindermusik. From there we went to the mall to eat lunch. We also went to Children's Place to buy the kids some clothes. Maddie is just like her momma-picking up everything and saying how cute it is and wanted it all!! Shopping with her is going to get harder and harder as she gets older! Turner just munched on his french fries and watched:) Before we left Maddie rode the carousel again-thank goodness Daddy was there. I was able to sit on the sidelines with Turner. From the mall, we picked up a few things from Walmart and then headed home.
As soon as we got home, we put Turner in bed and I went to my Aunt's house to see Emily and sweet baby Ellie. It was so good to see them and I wish they lived here so we could visit more often! Ellie is such a content baby and cute as a button! After I got home and Maddie and Daddy blew more leaves and played outside while I entertained Turner. We put them both to bed at 7 and I am about ready to go myself. It was a fun day with only a few meltdowns:) Here are some pictures from the Easter Egg Hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment