Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Flat Iron has to GO!!




Ok, I said we were ending spring break with a bang by a trip to the zoo-I so lied. We ended it by taking Turner to Urgent Care today with second degree burns on his hand!! My poor baby. We were getting ready to go to Landon's 2nd birthday party and Turner grabbed my flat iron with his right hand. He screamed at the top of his lungs for a solid hour. I called the after hours nurse and she told us that he would probably need a prescribed creme and to take him to Methodist Urgent Care. Well, the party started in 45 minutes and we didn't know what to do with Maddie. Boo Boo and Mimi came to the rescue and picked Maddie up to take her to Little Gym to celebrate Landon's birthday. I so hate that we had to miss it! By the time we got there Turner there we had fallen asleep and wasn't near as fussy. The doctor thought that his hand looked good (all things considering) and put neosporin on it and wrapped his hand. This lasted a good five minutes before Turner took it off. We were told to see a surgeon on Monday to make sure that there would be no mobility damage from the burn. He is using his hand now, but I don't know what will happen when the blisters pop.

Maddie had a great time at the party and I have heard that Landon is enjoying his Thomas the Train that we bought him. Turner was sick last year for Landon's 1st birthday party so our track record isn't looking good. I hope that Landon had a great birthday and I will keep you posted on Turner's hand. Thank you so much Boo and Mimi for rearranging y'alls day to help us out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment