Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chore Time






Tonight after dinner we spent some time cleaning up. While Kevin was feeding the kids I ran to the grocery store. When I got home I had two little helpers in putting the groceries up. They love it. I put all the bags on the floor and they go through them all, handing me the groceries to put up. It has made the process so much more enjoyable:) I didn't think to take a picture until we were done, so I did stage one to post-but next time I go I will definately get them in action. At one point we had an assembly line going-Turner would hand it to Maddie and she would run it to me. After groceries we got out the vacuum and let Maddie help in the den. She has always been a big helper in the cleaning department. Turner just runs after the vacuum and we just pray Maddie doesn't run over his toes:) Maddie is also a big duster. She has to have her own rag and helps me every time!

We are still doing pretty well in the cleaning department, but our plans to sale our house have been put on hold-at least for a little while. The realtor came out and thought we could ask what we were wanting to for the house, but we need to do a few things. When we bought it, we didn't pay attention to the windows-the seals are broken on every single one and unfortunately they will all need to be replaced before we can sale. We are guessing that will cost us several thousand dollars. The realtor also gave us a few suggestions on updating the house, while those shouldn't cost very much, will be quite time consuming. So....for the time being we shall remain here. We will save some money and see what happens. Kevin is supposed to get some estimates on the windows this week and we will call the realtor back later this week. But our money right now is going towards a beach vacation this summer that Maddie is super excited about. I was disappointed at first but know that in time everything will fall into place.
A funny Maddie story real quick--Since they have been back from Savannah I have been making our bed and Maddie's every morning before going to work. This is something I hadn't been doing and am trying to get into the habit. We have been preaching to Maddie about keeping the house clean and picking up after ourselves. Well the other night, my poor child didn't want to mess up her bed and wouldn't get under the covers!! She kept saying-"it's ok mommy, I'll just sleep like this so I don't make a mess"!!!!! It took me 10 minutes to get that child under the covers and tell her it was fine, we would fix it in the morning. I will say it again-I LOVE these children! I am posting some pics of our clean up and hope everyone has a good night. Say a prayer for Kevin this week-he is on Spring Break and has the kids:)

No comments:

Post a Comment