Monday, March 8, 2010

Oh Happy Day!!!







Get ready y'all-I have got a lot to say! First off, I want to thank Nonna and Da for keeping our children this past weekend. We got so much done and know that they were well taken care of and had a blast! That's right-I met Nonna Friday morning to get the kids and they didn't come back till this afternoon. Were we excited to see them!! Maddie was the sweetest thing and Turner sure was glad to see his momma:) I don't know if Nonna and Da saw this, but Turner has 2 more top teeth about to break through!!!! He was chewing on everything tonight and I risked my fingers by putting them in his mouth and sure enough I could feel one on each side. Let's hope he sleeps through the night because we definately were spoiled this weekend.

Why did we send we the kids to Savannah this weekend? Well....after much prayer and decision making, we have decided to put our house up for sale. We are meeting with a realtor Wednesday and I am very anxious to speak with him. We spent the whole weekend cleaning out closets, straightening up bathrooms and getting everything ready. I will say, after the kids only being home for a few hours it is easy to see how quickly things can spiral out of control. We are going to have to stay on top of it and I tried explaining to Maddie what we were going to do and how we had to put everything up when we were done playing with it. Really though-the 3 year old isn't the problem, it's the 1 year old that picks up things and throws them as he goes:) I am hoping that even if this doesn't work out, it will at least put us in better habits and our house will stay this way. I have taken to heart something I learned in a Jean Stockdale bible study a few years ago. I can't tell you word for word what she said, but I took it as love and play with your babies all you can, the house can come later. For me, the house has always come much much later. My mom says she can't believe I am such a lousy housekeeper (maybe not those exact words but close:) But I am and I need to work on it. If it weren't for poor Kevin, our house would stay in disaster form. So, I'll make that a goal for this 2010!

Why are we wanting to move? Space-we are out of it. The kids bedrooms are so small, we have converted our dining room into a playroom and I would LOVE to have a bigger kitchen. We aren't positive that we want another baby, but in this house it just isn't going to happen. We decided we will put the house on the market and if it is God's will, then it will sale. If not, we will be content with the family and house that we have and stay put. Another reason-carpet. The kids allergies and asthma and would be so much easier to control the less carpet that we have. I'm not even picky-hardwood, laminate floors, tile, stained concrete....anything would be better than all this carpet. If we could upgrade to a slightly bigger home with different floors, I want to try that first. If we stay here...then the carpet has to go. I just hate to sink a ton of money if we were going to turn around and move in a few years anyway. So we have been busy little thinkers and doers over the past several days. We will stay in Bartlett to be close to family and Jene's. So all prayers would be appreciated as we meet with the realtor and go forward with this. We have talked about doing it for a long time and now just seems right. We shall see...

Onto the kids. I had bought some Easter window art last year and never showed it to Maddie. Well in our cleaning spree this weekend we came across it and decided to let her dress our front door when she came home. She loves stickers and except for when Turner tore them off the door, she enjoyed doing it. I took some pictures that I will post. Turner officially learned how to climb up the couch tonight and I can tell you-absolutely no good will come of it. He throws himself all over the place, and was really just wanting to fly off it. If there is ever a time when one of us doesn't catch him, it is going to hurt! Mimi and Boo Boo stopped by to say hello and the kids were glad to see them. Mimi and Maddie colored, while Boo Boo and Daddy tickled Turner silly. Mimi and Boo Boo made several drop ins over the weekend to check on our progress and I think they will agree that we got a lot done. There is no way it would have happened if the kids had been home. So thanks again Da and Nonna!

I am also posting a picture of our kitchen table. For anyone that ever comes over, they will agree that our table is always covered with stuff. It is the catch all when we get home. We it is looking pretty good at the moment and I would like to think the rest of the house is as well. So, I will keep everyone posted on any progress we make and sorry for such a long post. Daddy's spring break is next week so he will be home with the kiddo's and I am sure there will be lots to share. Other than meeting with the realtor, we are having a pretty low key week. But if anything interesting happens, I'll put it here first:) Goodnight y'all!

1 comment:

  1. We went house hunting this weekend ourselves! I know what you mean about space...we have NONE!! It's amazing how much stuff one little baby can have! Good luck, we are in the same boat:)

    ReplyDelete