Saturday, October 8, 2011

Mimi's Birthday and Randomness Combined!!



Yesterday was Mimi's birthday and we took her a bunch of treats!!! The kids and I made pumpkin muffins and cupcakes yesterday morning to take to her. We gave her a Bolton hoodie and the kids picked out a new pair of purple reading glasses with diamonds on the sides:) Maddie said she needs them to see. We also threw in a bag of chocolate kisses which the kids immediately wanted opened so they could have some. I did not take a single picture while over there:( I think Mimi had a great day though and we all love her more than the sky!!!

This morning we went to Maddie's soccer game and then the fireman's pancake breakfast afterwards. The kids were able to sit in a firetruck, play in a bouncer, and watch a helicopter take off-FUN!! I took a few pictures from my phone that I will share. It was a fun family day and I am looking forward to Kevin's fall break in a week!!!!

I just wanted to share a few things I am really beginning to enjoy-

Wisdom for Mothers-I am doing a new Bible Study at church on Wednesday nights. I am in there with a bunch of my friends and am really enjoying it. I have a confession-previously I have taken several bible studies while working. They all require 5 nights of homework. In the past, I would normally cram ALL five days in the night before or the day OF the class. Not real sure that I got a whole lot out of it doing it that way. Now that I am home, I have no excuse not to do it every day (almost:). I have really enjoyed having my quiet time! Today, I decided to work on it while Turner was taking a nap. Maddie chose to do Bible study with me. We both had our Bibles, pen and paper out and just worked away for about 25 minutes. I can't imagine doing anything more special with my daughter. Later I went to Target and called home while I was out. Maddie answered the phone and said she was working on her Bible Study-Love her and the responsibility I have to teach the kiddo's about Jesus!!!

Pinterest- another site I am becoming more and more familiar with and love!! You can find anything on this site!!! I am trying out a crockpot loaded potato soup this week that I found on it. The pumpkin muffins recipe from yesterday was found on this site. I have a list a mile long of projects I want to attempt for the house and with the kids that were found on here as well. Yeah, I really like pinterest!!

Couponing-Who doesn't like to go to Walgreens and spend $20 on $40 worth of stuff? I am by no means an extreme couponer, but I am working on it. After we take Maddie to school on Mondays, Turner and I always stop by Mimi and Boo Boo's to cut coupons. I have been told a subscription to the Commercial Appeal is going to be a Christmas gift. That is great, but I still want theirs as well:) I love knowing that even though I am not working right now, I can save our family money by cutting coupons. We still eat like we always have, but our grocery bill is less than half what it used to be!!




Just wanted to share a few things I am enjoying these days besides spending time with the kiddo's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment