Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Finding Delight in Real Life"



This weekend the women's ministry at our church had a fall retreat. It was Friday night and Saturday morning. It was all about "Finding delight in Real life". It was just what I needed. A lot of my girlfriends attended, along with my mom and sister. We talked a lot about the Proverbs 31 woman, got cleaning tips, and helpful hints when it comes to budgeting our money. I can definitely benefit from all these topics!!!



Real life can be tough. Although staying at home right now is a dream come true for me, there are still frustrations and mundane tasks that I do that I don't always enjoy. But it made me realize I should be thankful that I am at home to vaccuum the house. I am thankful that I have the time to dust the house. I am going to strive to do better at making sure the toys are put away at the end of the day. It is my JOB and I am blessed to have it. I don't have to be my kids playmates 24/7 (which until this weekend I honestly thought that was what I should be doing).



It was just what I needed this weekend and I am so thankful for EBC and the godly women there.

No comments:

Post a Comment