Sunday, October 23, 2011

I love to Bake!!!



I have always enjoyed cooking! Nothing thrills me more when I try a new recipe and the hubs and kiddo's enjoy it. Between the four of us, we all have such different tastes and that can be hard to do!! Turner and I will eat just about anything and Maddie and Kevin are much more particular. I think it is so easy to cook the same thing often just because you know everyone likes it. Since I have been home, I have tried a bunch a new recipes. I now plan my menu for the week and a lot of times I will just grab a cookbook and everything for the week will come from the same book. That way we are trying different things, it is easy to make a grocery list, and I just keep that cookbook on the counter for the week.


The kids love to cook with me and we are always making cookies, muffins, cupcakes, and breads. (This is probably why I need to shed a few pounds:) I love making cake balls-the hubs loves eating cake balls. Again, this makes me happy! So my newest creation has been homemade buttercream frosting. It is so easy and tastes so good!! I made Maddie's cupcakes for her birthday party and they were a hit. So....I signed up to bring dessert to Maddie's harvest party tomorrow. What better thing to make than pumpkin cupcakes! I haven't tried making cupcakes from scratch yet, so I just used the fun da middles box by Betty Crocker. (The kids LOVE making these and I recently got 6 boxes for free by couponing) I made a dozen chocolate and a dozen vanilla, made the frosting and colored it green, then put a pumpkin candy on top! It was easy, they look cute, and Maddie watched me make them and knew I doing it just for her!!


I guess I need to make cupcakes tomorrow to show some love to little man as well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment