Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bartlett Christmas Parade










Let me start by saying I have several posts I am about to do just from the past few days. I love Christmas time, but the activities are wearing me out!!! I want to post it all, but finding the time to do so is difficult, so these will be short with lots of pictures to see:) I have been wanting to go to the Bartlett parade for the last several years, but something has always kept us from being able to go. This year it started at 4 and we were determined to make it!! We picked up Megs and Bubba and off we went. We parked in front of Dairy Queen and got supper for everyone.

It felt pretty good outside all day Saturday. When we got to the parade the temperature was steadily dropping and it was freezing outside. We had layers and layers on clothes on the kids and blankets to try and keep them warm. I think Maddie was tired from an already full weekend and her reaction wasn't as I had hoped. After watching for about fifteen minutes Maddie started acting really out of it and I couldn't get her to open her eyes. I would point at a float and she was just completely out of it. Made this Mama a NERVOUS WRECK!!!! I didn't know what was wrong with her, and it seemed pointless to watch a parade in the cold with my four year sleeping next to me. She was in Meg's lap and Meg's thinks she was just so comfortable and bundled up that it was putting her to sleep. We decided to leave and Bubba had to carry her to the car because she wouldn't stand up. WEIRD!! Once we got to the car, she snapped out of it, but we went ahead and left. Turner seemed to enjoy watching everything and munched on a chili dog while we were there.

The night didn't quite go as I had planned, but I am glad we gave it a try. We didn't see much of the parade, but there is always next year! I think you can tell in the pictures that Maddie wasn't totally herself and looked really pale.







No comments:

Post a Comment