Saturday, January 31, 2015

T's Nerf Gun Party!

Turner will turn 6 in the week and we had his party last night.  We had it at the gym at church nerf gun style.  Birthday parties always stress me out to the max.  When Kev suggested a nerf gun party it sounded fun but out of my element.  So thankful for a hands on husband and for him handling all the details.  This was the easiest party for me to plan (mostly because he did:) and the kids had a great time.
  When I asked Turner who he wanted to invite he mostly named church friends.  When I asked about kids from school he adamantly said "No mom, that would just be weird".  I still haven't figured that one out, but it was his party.  He helped me pick out decorations and helped set up the gym.  Our biggest expense was buying a few extra guns from a friend and lots of ammo.  We bought eye gear for the kids to wear and to be their take home treat.  Unfortunately a lot of the kids returned them before I realized it.  I will be handing out glasses tomorrow at church!
  Kev had them playing different games and I pretty much hung out with friends.  A bonus was Nonna and Brayden came and spent the night with is afterwards.  The kids were absolutely thrilled.  To end the party Nonna gave $5 to the kid that picked up the most darts.  Brilliant!!  The kids did most of the clean up for us and had fun while doing it.
  Turner really enjoyed his party and I can not believe he is about to be 6.  I will do a post all about him next week on his birthday.  Blessed to call him ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment