Saturday, January 10, 2015

Interesting Week!

Monday was our last day of break.  We met little and big A at the mall for some Build a Bear fun.  Harper picked out a horsey, Turner a batman bear, and Maddie a purple rabbit.  They had gotten gift cards from there for Christmas and used their money to pay the rest!  There is a little ride outside the store that the babies kept getting on wanting to ride.  I didn't have a dollar and wasn't going to swipe my card.  Sweet Turner paid for them to ride it.  He even let Maddie get on while he just watched.  He can be the sweetest boy!
  We then ate at the food court and Megs and her crew headed out.  One of our friends and her crew there jumping on the trampoline when we walked by.  I had already told the kids we weren't going to do that today.  We ran into some friends and she absolutely insisted on paying for Maddie and Turner to jump.  They loved it and I really appreciated it.  I think it was just as much a blessing to her to be able to do it as it was for me to let her:)  It gets better...she then took the big kids home with her while I took Harper home for a nap.  We don't do many play dates where I am not there.  I know the kids loved it and I enjoyed my little break.  So thankful for this family for multiple reasons.
  Tuesday we had to get back in our routine and everyone had a pretty good week.  It is funny how quickly we can get out of routine.  Turner got an ant farm for Christmas and I can't tell you how much we all like watching them.  One of us can often be found just staring them.  Who knew ants could be so much fun?
  A high of the week was Kevin's grandmother passed her swallow test and is eating small amounts of regular food.  Praise the Lord!!  It has been 4 months and this is huge!  Praying she continues to take steps in the right direction.  A low was Wednesday night Mimi's knee went out and she has a torn meniscus.  Surgery is in her near future, but hopefully she will feel good as new soon.  The kids are impressed with her crutches.
  Another low....a family that used to go to our church received bad news about their son.  He is Harper's age and has been given 6 weeks to 6 months to live.  It is heartbreaking and their faith through this is absolutely inspiring.  I can't imagine being in their shoes and our whole family is praying.  Hours before I found out I was complaining about making the kids lunches every day.  I know now this is a privilege and one that I should not take care for granted.  We are never guaranteed tomorrow, but short of a miracle, their days are definitely numbered with their precious boy.
  Turner played basketball today and tomorrow is Maddie's first competiton of the season.  She is nervous and I am nervous for her.  The girls have worked so hard and I just hope they are proud of themselves once it is over.  A lot of sweat is shed at the gym.  Also, Harper has had what looks like hives the past two days.  Praying it goes away by itself or we might be heading to the doctor.  My kids have the weirdest skin issues!  I will post more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment