Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Brief Visit!!

Tonight my kids received the sweetest surprise with a visit from their Nay Nay.  It has been a few years since they have seen her and for me too minus a quick hug last year.  It did our hearts good.
  It has brought back many memories.  I remember crying for days when I found out the Smith family was moving to St. Louis.  My children's Nay Nay, who had become one of my best friends was leaving.  The thought of it was almost unbearable to me.  Looking back and seeing God's timing in everything is amazing.  As difficult as it was to say goodbye, it would have been so much harder had I been still working.
  I chose to say goodbye to the corporate world and spend time at home with the kids.  I remember the day I quit calling Jene crying telling her I wasn't going to work anymore.  As much as I loved sending the kids to her, I loved the thought of being home with them more.  The next few months I would send them for a day here and there so they wouldn't totally get out of their routine.  I knew eventually I would have to go back to work and Jene is where I would want them to go while I was at work.
  Then Shane got transferred to Saint Louis.  The Smith family, who felt like part of ours, was moving away.  It has been three years and I remember it like yesterday.  I am so thankful God allowed me to find someone to care for my babies like her own while I was at work.  I am so thankful for her friendship and the many afternoons I would stay an hour just to chat when I picked the kiddos up.
  We don't catch up near as often as we should, but seeing her tonight was like we hadn't skipped a beat.  She met Harper tonight for the first time.  I am back at work, but the big kids are in school and Harper gets to go with me.  What an awesome God we serve.  He knew all the details when I did not.  He is so faithful and I am so grateful!
  We are headed to Saint Louis next month for a gymnastics meet and I can't wait to see the Smith family again.  We love them and they all played a big part in our big kids "baby years".  What a great ending to our Christmas break!

No comments:

Post a Comment