Monday, January 12, 2015

Blues and Barbeque 2015

Yesterday was Maddie's first meet and it was her personal best to date overall.  She competed in the order of vault, bars, beam, and floor last.  Last year she consistently scored higher in whichever 2 events she did first.  She broke that pattern yesterday scoring a 9.45 on floor, her highest score yet.  We are proud of her hard work, the confidence she has to even get out there (no way I could ever do that), and we love hearing her cheer on her teammates as they compete against her.
  It was a long day.  Since River City hosted the meet, I had to work 2 shifts over the course of the weekend.  I decided to do it all yesterday so I wasn't going back and forth all weekend.  I got there at 7:30 and timed until Mo competed at 2.  I didn't take many pictures but she had a fan club there to watch.  Nonna and Marci came from Savannah and Boo Boo and Mimi with her bum knee came out as well.  They were able to help with other two and enjoyed watching it.  They really are fun to watch.  Turner was proud of his sister and did great.  I know it makes for long days for him and H.
  Maddie placed 1st in floor and bars and 3rd in beam and vault.  She was 2nd overall in her division.  One down, 6 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment