Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Broken Yuck!

Turner is twenty months and really attached to his yuck. He has always slept with it and used it alot during the day as well. A few months ago Ney Ney started only giving him his yuck at nap time. He knew when he woke up he would have to give it to her and she would put it away till the next day. At church, his new Sunday school teachers didn't want them having it either. So slowly but surely we have been reducing "yuck time". Kevin wanted to get rid of it a long time ago but I just wanted Turner to understand why he didn't have it anymore and felt like he was too young.
We finally took the plunge and took it away. We are on day 2 and Turner is adjusting better than I am. I feel like we just took the last bit of him being a baby away and now he is a full blown toddler:( I am sad, but so happy that he is doing so well. We cut the nipple off of his yuck and gave it to him. He has tried sucking it a few times but gives it back to us and says that it is "brokt". This morning that was the first thing he said to me....tonight he didn't ask for it at all. He is such a big boy....and momma is the baby!!

1 comment:

  1. We are going to have to go down this road with Hailey soon. She has only ever had it sleeping- that is going to be so hard to break for me and her. :( I have a feeling there are a few LONG nights coming my way! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete