Monday, October 26, 2015

Pumpkin Picking, Painting, and Carving!

Last week I took the kids to a little pumpkin patch by our house to pick out pumpkins.  Maddie us at the age where she wants the biggest one.  Had to talk her down a bit!  They always have cute backdrops for pictures and the kids went on a small train ride.  The highlight for Harper was pushing the wagon that held the pumpkins.
  Let me note that a few years ago, I would have made sure the kids were dressed picture perfect and matching for this event.  Ha, these days I am content as long as they are clothed!  Priorities change people, and Cancer is one way to make that happen.  Don't get me wrong, I still like buying them cute clothes, but it isn't quite where it was on the chart of importance.  With Maddie getting close to 9, I am definitely more concerned with heart issues than what she looks like on the outside. (Thank goodness, because that girl hates dressing up)
  We held unto the pumpkins till yesterday, when they carved them with daddy.  Harper and Turner painted one, Maddie carved her own, and Daddy carved T's after he drew it.  They turned out cute and once it quits raining I will get a final pick of them with their pumpkins.  I can't believe how fast time is going, going to have a lot to do in the next month. 
  Cancer post up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment