Friday, July 31, 2015

Round 3

Monday was round 3 and we got some great news!  The doctor said the mass was about 1/3 the size that it was month ago.  It is working and that makes it so much more bearable to go through!  My lab work came back good and Dr. Tauer told me this is about the toughest type of chemo they use.  He said I was handling it great and it was nice to hear.  I only have 1 more round like this and my last 12 rounds are supposed to be much easier to tolerate.  Woo hoo!
  My friend Kelly took all 3 kids and kept them overnight so we could rest.  I was so hesitant to let her, but they had a great time and it was so appreciated.  I slept, slept, slept.  The shot made me achy again for a few days, but it wasn't too bad.  The hardest thing is being so tired.  Taking a nap isn't optional, it is a must for a few days. 
  My next round is the kids first day of school.  Should be interesting.  A sweet friend at church told me yesterday that for this short season I might not be able to do everything I am used to doing, and that is ok.  She is right....this is just a season and we are just going to do the best we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment