Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Round 2!

Gonna be short and sweet!  Kelly took me to chemo yesterday and I loved having her there.  She asked questions I wasn't thinking about and was given a pat on the back from the geneticist for asking them:)  We had blood drawn and will know the results in a few weeks.
  While waiting a sweet lady from church stopped to see me.  She went through the same thing a few years ago and has been very encouraging.  She brought me a sweet book of encouraging scriptures that she used on her journey and a necklace and bracelet to pass down to someone else once I am a survivor like her:)
  We let the nausea meds drip slower this time is hopes to help with nausea.  I also took 2 Adivan when I got some.  Doctor said the nausea might be coming from anxiety as well as the chemo.  What a difference it has made.  I slept from about 5 pm yesterday to 7 am.  Got ready to get shot, was home by 10 and slept till noon.  I have NOT gotten sick nor had the headaches like last time.
My patents swing by to break up our party, but they brought us lunch and it was good to have them there.  My lab work came back great too!  God is really hearing and answering prayers.
  Maddie left for church camp yesterday.  She had to be at the church by 3.  I just had to be done to see her off.  I was...I made it....and I think I even acted normal and not drugged up.  God is Good, God is Faithful, and God is getting our family through this one day at a time.
  Pray for her this week.  She was struggling about being away from us and not sure she wanted to go.  I think this all stems from me being sick, and I am just praying she has the best time and sticks it out!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the prayers and for reaching out!! We can really feel them and there can never be too many!! I meant to comment before now. I remember you from UTM and hope you and your family are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete