Monday, November 11, 2013

Samaritan's Purse!

I still have to post about Maddie's Birthday and Turner finishing up soccer, but need to load pics on the computer first.  I wanted to be sure to include today on the blog.  Last year we picked an angel from church to buy Christmas for.  It was great and the kids really enjoyed buying for him.  This year we decided to do the shoeboxes and the let the kids each fill one.
  We went to the Dollar Tree and Dollar General and I let the kids pick everything out themelves.  It was hard trying to explain to them just how much this was going to mean to a little boy and girl somewhere across the world.  I always talk about how tight money is...this was a good reality check for me as well.  We have far more than we need and are so very blessed.  I am thankful we were able to fill two shoeboxes.  I pray that my children will grow up wanting to do and give to others.  I pray that they realize how much they have and not take it for granted.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment