Friday, July 15, 2011

VBS 2011!!









This week was our church's Vacation Bible School and my first year to help. I loved it!!! We had a great, but tiring week. Kevin was in charge of Recreation, my mom and I did snack for the 4 and 5 year olds (Maddie's class), and Turner struggled through in the two year old room. I have clingy children. Maddie stayed right by my or Mimi's side the whole week, and Turner screamed bloody murder every time we dropped him off in the morning. But....after we left Turner did fine and ended up having a great week. Mimi and I just had to take different routes throughout the week to avoid him seeing us. I think Maddie would have been better in a different class, just because she was too focused on us and making sure that I was right there. But she learned 4 bible verses and I was so glad to be able to be a part of everything.


We had 12 children in our class and enjoyed making edible crafts every day. Several of the kids told us we need to teach their parent how to make them:) Yesterday we made a beach scene with blue jello (ocean), graham crackers (sand), cheerios (sand dollars), and gummy fishes and gold fishes. A weird combo but the kids loved it!! We also made sea anenomes, which were haystacks decorated with m&m's, marshmallows, and raisins. Fun Fun!! The children learned about Jesus all week while having a great time!! I am so glad to be a part of EBC and want to thank Mimi for letting me be her sidekick for the week. Our family had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment