Friday, July 8, 2011

First Week Down!

Well I made it through the first week at home. It has been great, but felt really weird. I have always worked since I graduated college except when on maternity leave. I loved having that time at home but spent all of it exhausted:) This week has been such a relief to me. I had spent past two months being so stressed out, I don't think I enjoyed anything! It was horrible and I know by far, this was the best decision for me and my family. I am happy to start each day and just look forward to being with the kids and Kevin.
That being said....I know this is only temporary. If I start thinking about the future too much, I do get a little anxious. It makes me nervous not knowing what I will be doing next, or how difficult it might be to find anything, much less something that I will enjoy doing. But I know that God is in control and an opportunity will come along in his time. I am trying to just take each day as it comes and appreciate everything that I have.
Last night I had the opportunity to go to a homeless shelter downtown to help serve dinner along with other members of our church. It was so humbling and I enjoyed doing it so much!! That was right down my alley and I realized how much I have missed it. I chose Social Work as my major because I love helping people, whether it be at a nursing home, working with juvenile delinquents, special needs kids, or now I can add feeding the homeless. I have really gotten away from that between my job at Dobbs and family. When searching for jobs I have really only been looking at office jobs since that is what I have done for so long. But I think I would be so much happier getting back into my field. If that doesn't happen though, it definately encouraged me to at least give up some of my time to serving others.
This has been a good, thought provoking week, and I plan on enjoying each day as it comes!! We have a birthday party tomorrow and next week is VBS at church. Kevin and I are both working it so the whole family will spend the week at EBC. I am so excited about being involved this year!! Hopefully lots of children will hear the word and hearts will be moved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment