Tuesday, July 26, 2011

KY Lake 2011!!

















Last Wednesday we left for our annual Kentucky trip. Megs rode with us and we stayed till Sunday. It was HOT!!! We spent a LOT of time in the pool, the kids made lots of crafts, visited some horses, went fishing, ate great, and just spent a great weekend with the family. I can't believe we have been going for so many years and how many people have stayed the same. I swear some of the waitresses at the lodge have been there the twenty plus years we have been going. And they remember us!!!


Turner was a bit of a handful, but I do think he did better than last year. This kid just has a mind of his own and we did receive a few ugly looks from time to time. It is always from the old people, whom I assume had children of their own at one time. I guess they just did a much better job with theirs than I am doing with mine:) The dirty looks drive me crazy though. Do they think I really enjoy watching my two year old throw a tantrum in public??? I think not....we are a work in progress and he will get there....one day. I will add that Sunday when we got back, I took Turner with me to the grocery store. He was an absolute angel and I was so thankful. I do think he does better alone. He and Maddie feed off each other and either are best friends or driving each other crazy!


Back to Kentucky-we are so thankful to Mimi and Boo Boo for making this trip happen year after year and we had a great time!!! It is always entertaining watching Boo Boo, Bubba, and Kevin in action and they tend to feed off each other as well. Alderman Boo Boo was told by a complete stranger at the pool that he looked like a clown:) He was applying sunblock and was quite a white mess. But we love him anyway and its always good to have a clown on your side, right? Fun times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment