Monday, May 3, 2010

Stormy Weather!!!


This weekend was insane with the amount of tornado warnings and rain that we got. It began Friday evening and literally didn't stop until Sunday morning. I know that there was lots of flooding and evacuations from this storm frenzy. I am so thankful my little family made it through safely and am praying for those affected by this storm. As I mentioned before, we debated getting out of the house Saturday because of the weather, but I am so glad that we did!!! The kids went all day strong and by the time we gave them a bath Saturday night, it was almost 9. It is rare they are still up at this time. So they immediately went to sleep and shortly after, the sirens began to go off. Watching the news, it looked like it was going to be pretty severe, so Kevin made the kids a bed in the tub. We had couch cushions in there, a big quilt, and it looked pretty comfortable. We picked both kids up and put them in there without so much as a blink of an eye. I was so thankful they stayed asleep. I didn't want them to be afraid and I really didn't feel like entertaining at 10:30 pm while tornadoes were going on all around us. We kept them there until almost midnight and then moved them backed to their beds. Again, they didn't blink an eye! It was an interesting weekend, but we managed to stay safe, and are looking forward to the beautiful weather this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment