Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!










What a relaxing great day we had today!! I get quite excited about all holidays, always have, but I have to say this one is pretty meaningful and special. I definately think being a "mom" is the most difficult, rewarding job that I will ever have, and am so blessed to be Maddie and Turner's mommy!!! I can't remember what life was like before them and can't imagine life without them. We might be a little lacking in the sleep department, but it is so made up for by kisses and hugs from our babies. Daddy got up with Turner at 5 this morning so I could stay in the bed a little longer. They all came into my room at 6:45 carrying cards. Maddie and Turner had written on theirs and Daddy had given me one as well. They were very sweet and started the day off right. We are going to the beach in the month and so for my gift I am picking out a new swimsuit! Not real excited about wearing one but am happy to be getting a new one:)

We all got ready and went to church where both kids made me another card to bring home. After church we went to Mimi and Boo Boo's for BBQ and ribs. It was a relaxing lunch and nice to let the kids run around and not worry about how they were acting in a restaurant. We gave Mimi a gift card to Klassy Kat's and her stepping stone which imediately was placed in a flower bed. Meg's gave me a gift card to get a manicure and Mimi and Boo Boo gave us a plant to put on our porch. We had a long photo session and then headed home. We spent the rest of the day relaxing and letting the kids play.

Today I am so thankful for my mom and everything that she exemplifies and does for us. She is a great groupie:), role model, and friend. I am also thankful for my mother-in-law who is also a godly woman, role model, and friend. I am thankful for my two children who make this day so special for me. I am thankful for my husband who gave them to me. We are simply blessed beyond words can explain....

No comments:

Post a Comment