Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spaghetti Dinner at Church






Another event we managed to attend during the storms was a spaghetti dinner at church to help the youth raise money for a mission's trip. There a silent auction as well and we left feeling like we had been to the fair (Mimi's words, not mine). They had a basket full of toys and items for the pool and beach. It was perfect for our upcoming trip to the beach. Well I put a bid on it and it wasn't long before someone else bid over me. Thanks to Mimi and Boo Boo they took control and made sure that we went home with that basket. There was also an Italian basket with a ton of food, Chef towels and pot holders, a colander, wooden spoons, and apron. Another thanks to Mimi and Boo Boo for letting us go home with that one as well!! I said that I wished I hadn't gone to the grocery store that afternoon:) So if anyone wants some pasta, come on over, we are going to be enjoying that a lot in the near future.
Maddie was able to visit with a few of her little friends and Turner sat on the floor most of the time digging through his diaper bag. Spaghetti is definately my kid's favorite meal and last night was no exception. It was a good ending to a very full day. Thankfully my kids were worn out because we did a lot of moving around that night due to the storms-they never even blinked an eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment