Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fun Day with Nonna and Da!




Nonna and Da decided to come down last Wednesday and keep the kids for the day instead of us taking them Ney Ney's. They don't get down very often and this gave them a full day with just the kids. Maddie was so excited and had woken me up at 2:30 that morning asking if they were here yet:) I think that everyone had a good day while we were off at work. When we got home we gave Nonna her Mother's Day gift. We made both Nonna and Mimi stepping stones with the kids handprints on them for their flower beds. They turned out well and we were excited about giving it to them. Well....as Kevin was getting Nonna's out of the mold, it split right in half!!!! I felt terrible, but Super Da was able to glue it back together and you can't even tell (I have seen pictures!!) We also gave Nonna a new float for her pool and I think she was pleased with both gifts.

We decided to eat at Sekisui at the hibachi grill and Mimi, Boo Boo, and Megs met us there. I had forgotten that Maddie had eaten at one before, but it was a few years ago. I thought she would love it....not so much. She hadn't had a nap so I think she was just really tired, but she wasn't very impressed. She didn't want to watch and snuggled close to Nonna the whole time. Turner, on the other hand was mesmerized and he was quite content throughout dinner. Kevin, Megs, and I are quite the sushi eaters these days and were excited about getting some. We had both Boo Boo and Da try some-Da could have done without, but it wasn't as bad as Boo Boo expected. It was a great day other than a Verizon incident that would take too long to blog about, but I am so glad we were able to visit with Nonna and Da. I took 2 pictures at the restaurant from my phone but don't know how good they will show up. Thanks so much Nonna and Da and I hope you had a great Mother's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment