Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wrapping up 2009!

Well, I am a few days behind, but this will be my last post in regards to 2009!! I am about to have this made into a book and can't wait to see the finished product. This has been a great tool to keep everyone informed of our activities and a way for me to record our children's milestones. I only wish that I had started doing it sooner:)

This has been quite a year, full of ups and downs and many lessons have been learned. We were blessed with our beautiful son Turner, who has enriched our lives and is Maddie's little best friend. We celebrated my cousin's wedding, who is also about to have her first baby in a few weeks! Both my sister and cousin were engaged this year which is a blessing that will be continued into 2010 as we participate in their weddings. Kevin's cousin was accepted into OT school in FL, which is an answer to prayers. Several of our good friends had babies this year, which was very exciting and means little playmates for Turner. I have been able to cut my hours at work so that I can spend more time with the kids-that might be the biggest blessing of all!! My dad was declared cancer free and it only took a major surgery and a few months to get that way (really, it could have been a lot more involved). Again, another huge blessing for our family!

On the downside, I did lose both my grandmothers this year, about 3 months apart. Dad was diagnosed with cancer, same day as his mother's funeral. We found out Maddie was not only allergic to peanuts, but also cats and dogs. After 6 years, we had to find our Karsey a new home (this still makes me cry writing it). Tough things that our family had to deal with and overcome. But we did, we trust that Jesus is going to take care of us, and it has simply been an amazing year that just happened to throw us a few curve balls!

This post is just a summary-there is no way I can rewrite all the things that happened in the Wilke's world in 2009! But, I am glad that I have been able to share through this blog, and look forward to a fabulous 2010. Lots going on this next year, and I will be sure to record all of it!!! Thank you Kevin for being such a wonderful husband and father to our kids. Thanks Mimi, Boo Boo, Nonna, and Da for all that you do for us. We are so blessed to have you as parents and you are great examples to us! Megs-we love the Nanny and are so excited about your upcoming wedding, but sure are going to miss your almost daily visits:) Thanks for all the help you give us and for loving our kids as much as we do. To the rest of our family and friends- we love you all, you are such a blessing in our lives, and we look forward to sharing 2010 with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment