Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Turner is officially on the GO!!!





Oh my goodness, we have a walker!!! Turner has been thinking about it for a while now. I thought he would start walking 2 months ago, but he has been content to crawl wherever he wanted to go. Last night we really start working with him and he would take a few steps from me to daddy. Well, tonight I ran to Walgreens for about 15 minutes and when I got home Turner walked halfway across the den. After that, we spent about an hour getting him to walk around. He is pretty shaky, his belly sometimes gets ahead of himself and catches him off balance, but he is walking and we are so proud!!! Maddie started walking the week of her first birthday and Turner's is still 3 weeks away. I imagine he will be all over the place for his party.

He is such a big boy these days and does the funniest things. I think he has watched me all winter long hand Maddie tissues and make her blow her nose. So now whenever we change his diaper, we give him a wipe and the entire time we change him, he blows into it-it is too funny! He has gotten to where he doesn't fall asleep anymore when we give him his last bottle and will let me just lay him down. He will fall asleep on his own and it generally just takes a few minutes, now if only we can get Maddie to do the same:) I am hoping this will make transitioning off the bottle easier. Poor Maddie carried that bottle around until she was two and I am determined to have Turner off of it much quicker. He is our paci man though and doesn't get very far without it in his mouth. We shall see how long it takes to take that away from him!

He can be very animated and babbles all the time and uses his hands a lot. It seems like what he is saying is very important although I have no idea what it might be. Sadly to say, we have not worked with him near as much as we did with Maddie when she was his age, but I think he is doing just fine. I understand the differences between 1st child, 2nd child, etc. much better now. Turner has had no trouble at all though eating regular food. For dinner tonight he had crescent chicken (alot), mashed potatoes (alot), and pears (quite a few). He is so over baby food and will eat most anything you shove his way. For breakfast he enjoys cereal bars, pancakes, fruit, and regular cereal. He still takes baby food at Jene's, but I imagine that will soon be coming to an end.

I love that boy more than I ever thought possible. We love Maddie so much and I was really concerned about being able to love another child as much. Well...that hasn't been a problem and I think it made me love them both even more. They are so different, and yet the best of friends. Maddie loves on him and helps him and he just adores her. We are so blessed to have both a son and daughter and I can't believe our baby is about to turn 1!!! This year has gone way too fast and I look forward to watch all that he will learn this next year. Here are a few pictures of our baby on the go.

1 comment:

  1. yippe-way to go Turner! I love his lil smile in the last picture..enjoyed hearing all about him. It is SO fun having a boy and girl. We need to ALL get together again real soon.

    ReplyDelete