Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hectic Sunday!










Well, today was a little on the crazy side and didn't quite go as I had planned (surprise!). Since we had company over last night we had to give the kids a bath this morning before church. I also had to make breakfast for Sunday School which I normally do the night before. The whole family was up and going by 5:30, so there was plenty of time before Sunday School at 9, right? Wrong. The kids both woke up with a runny nose and there was a little green, so I was hesitating in going anyway. Then, when I preceded to burn the muffins, burn the sausage balls, look up at the clock and see that it was already 7:45 and I had yet to take a shower, I decided to call it quits and we would just stay at home. So...Kevin ran to the store and picked up donuts to drop off to our class and came back home.

We don't have many days where we don't go anywhere, and I think we had a pretty good day. Turner ended up taking a 3 hour nap this morning and another 1 one this afternoon, so he obviously was tired and needed some rest. I was able to spend some time painting with Maddie and she and her daddy played his Xbox for a while as well. When Turner was awake he rearranged the kitchen by moving all the chairs and he learned how to climb up on Maddie's recliner and wreak havoc on our blinds:) He also received his first breathing treatment, which was a little difficult to give, but will hopefully prevent him from getting sick. He was starting to cough and I don't want to have to take him to the doctor!

The best part of the day was that I got his pictures taken for his birthday invitation. I can't believe he is about to be a year old and we will be celebrating with a cowboy and horse themed birthday party! I pulled Maddie's rocking horse down from the playroom and the photo shoot began. I got some cute shots and can't wait till the invites come in. More on the birthday planning later.

I hate that we missed Church this morning, but the kids got some rest, didn't have to get out in the cold, and we did enjoy a family day at home.

1 comment:

  1. Aww Missy the photos are just precious-that one of Turner taking a breathing treatment just breaks my heart. I hope it will help him and of course mom too! Keep these posts coming I sure enjoy following ur journey with the kids.

    ReplyDelete