Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Mother's Love

I think I could write a book on the things you do for your children out of love. The kids went over to Mimi and Boo Boo's to play for a few hours, so I thought I would post on this past week. Turner came down with the croup last Sunday, and after getting over that has been left with a nasty sounding cough and a green nose. Other than Maddie, the rest of the family has not gotten a lot of rest. I have spent most nights up and down with Turner, holding him up on the couch so he could breathe easier, putting him in our bed and letting him lay on top of me, and walking around trying to calm him down.
One morning I got him out of his bed at 4 am, having to use the restroom so bad but not wanting to wake up Kevin. What did I do? I got back in our bed and let Turner wiggle all around on my bladder until the alarm finally went off at 4:45! I was about to die, but Turner was comfortable and daddy slept on-the things I do for love:) Turner HATES his breathing machine. He tolerated it the first few times we used it, but now it will even wake him up from his sleep. He screams, he kicks, he screams some more....Kevin and I will hold him down and put the mask over his face and pray that he isn't bruised when we are done-the things we do for love!
We have been there and done all of this with Maddie Mo as well-except for the putting her in our bed when she was a baby. That was one thing I swore I would never do. I thought it was so wrong, couldn't believe other parents did it, and I sure have changed my tune!! Having a baby that doesn't sleep very well has put us in survival mode, and I simply do whatever it takes to get the most sleep possible. It was much easier to be a "know it all snob" with only one child (who started sleeping through the night at 2 weeks old) in the house. Now that we have 2-I would say many lessons have been learned and I definately see many things differently than before.
But...everything that we do for these 2 kiddos is done out of love and we have been so blessed. I can't believe how different the two of them are and how much more enriched our lives are because of them. A day never goes by where I am not amazed or laughing at the silly things they do. They love each other and we love them with all our being. I am going to get off now so we can go pick up our little munchkins and see what the evening brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment