Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Eve!

Christmas Eve is always spent with my dad's side of the family.  We alternate between my aunt and uncles house and my parents house.  This year my parents reserved the gym at church and we had it there.  Between my cousins, sister, and myself, we have lots of littles and the gym gave them room to run around.  I think it was a little more work for my parents, but it turned out great.  I was still sporting 2 drain tubes and can't lift a lot, so we weren't a lot of help.  I did make a dip to bring as a contribution, so that is something:)
  The kids always enjoy seeing their cousins and we don't get together often enough.  We draw names for the kids to exchange gifts and play dirty Santa with the adults.  So fun!  I think my sister had 4 gifts stolen before she finally was able to keep one:)  We had party food to eat and enjoyed catching up and just being together.  My dad read the Christmas story to the kids before they opened their gifts.  The kids always change into their jammies before we head home so they can go straight to bed before Santa comes.
  It was a good night.  So thankful for my family and the traditions that we have.  I hope my children look back on these times as fondly as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment