Sunday, December 27, 2015

Surgery!

Well surgery has come and gone and the final pathology report revealed absolutely NO cancer!  Praise the Lord.  The chemo did exactly what it was supposed to do.  To say we are thankful would be an understatement.  God heard our pleas and has granted us our deepest desires.  He is pretty awesome!!
  Two weeks later and I am still carrying around 2 drain tubes, but I am hoping to have them removed tomorrow.  It has been a bit hard recovering than I had imagined, but I think that is mostly because I don't like to sit still.  It has been even harder being over the Christmas holiday.  We have had lots of visitors, meals, texts, and phone calls getting us through:)
  Over the next few weeks I will spend some time with Dr. Quigley, the plastic surgeon, and should start radiation in about a month.  That will last 6 weeks and then a final surgery 6 months after that.   I can almost see the finish line....2016 is going to be great!  2015 has taught us a lot, brought a lot of tears and even joy....but I won't be too sad to see it go.  Here is a pic post surgery with no makeup, not a lot of hair, and 4 drain tubes....real life at its finest:)

No comments:

Post a Comment