Thursday, June 11, 2015

Moving Right Along!

We have had a full week of VBS and are wrapping it up tomorrow.  The kids have had a blast learning about Jesus and my mom and I have enjoyed doing snacks with the littles.  Tomorrow is our last day and I am praying that some seeds have been planted in these kids little hearts.
  Monday afternoon the kids and I headed to Jennifer's to bake and let the kids play.  The only rule was no talk of the "C" word.  Done!!  We came home with yummy bread and lots of cinnamon rolls.  I am so thankful for her and her friendship.
  Wednesday we stopped at sonic after vbs and headed to Tina's to swim.  Harper was jumping off the diving board and was all over that pool.  This girl has no fear of the water!  Maddie and Turner love swimming with friends and I love hanging with my friends.  It was a win win.  We went to Church that night and everyone slept great!!
  Back up to Tuesday.  We met with the surgeon and she was iffy between me being stage 1 or 2.  I think she was leaning more towards 2 by the end of our meeting.  Chemo is going to come first and then depending on results of genetic test, some type of surgery.  I have been waiting for 2 days to hear when my appointment would be with the oncologist.  I think it is next Wednesday but I am going to call again tomorrow.  The absolute worst part of all this....Waiting.  I am ready to be well (even though I don't feel sick) and get started on whatever that might be.  We let the kids in on what was going to happening.  Their response-"No mom, that is so embarrassing!  You can't lose your hair!"  Ok...we can deal with that.  I am so relieved they don't appear worried.  God really is protecting them.
  So today is Thursday.  One of our favorite gym families is moving...very far away.  This was her last night and I was so emotional.  This sweet mom brought me a blanket, a devotional, and gift cards galore to restaurants.  Overwhelmed!!!  I have received so many cards in the mail and goodies in the past few weeks...I can not tell you how loved I feel.  This is one part of the past month I hope to never forget.  I pray that I return the love and make an extra effort to show people that I care.  I need to let people know that I am praying for them.  It means more than I can ever express.
  We are going to be ok.  We are going to be better.  We have already learned so much.
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you now have a medical plan in the works. Will continue to pray for you, fully trusting in *His* plan. I can only imagine how difficult the waiting must be. Hang in there... I'm praying for you!! -Selena Bragg

    ReplyDelete