Sunday, June 7, 2015

Lots of Activity!

We have been busy the past few days having some summer fun.  While I worked Thursday Kev took the kids to the splash park in Collierville.  Bartlett is getting it's own soon and we are ready.  They all had fun.
  Friday we went to the new Bass Pro at the old Pyramid.  It was a neat, expensive experience.  The kids bowled, we all ate alligator, and rode the elevator to the top.  Heights really isn't my thing.  You can stand at the top on a glass floor and see all of Memphis.  My whole body was shaking and I didn't stand there long.  Everyone else enjoyed it.  We stayed for a few hours and I am glad we went.
  That night we headed to Freeman Park to watch Finding Nemo.  Turner's best friend from school was there and it was fun watching the kids run around.  About 15 minutes into the movie it started lightening.  Maddie was scared and we didn't want to get caught in the rain.  We headed home but will try to catch another one.
  Saturday I took the kids to the Shelby Farms park and we met Vicky and her kids there.  The kids all had a friend to play with and Vicky and I were able to chat.  Harper loved the sand and water part.  Turner was leading a group of kids at the water station.  He really is a little leader.  Maddie was just all over the place.  It was nice.  We all enjoyed an Italian Ice at the end. 
  Sunday after Church Kelly picked us up and we all went swimming at her aunts house.  Harper was all over the water and I don't think is afraid anymore.  Maddie and Turner had a blast with London and Cade.  We swam for almost 3 hours.  The kids are sound asleep as I type.  We have a big week ahead with VBS.
  My friends and family have been so loving to me and helped me pass the week.  I go to the doctor on Tuesday and am ready to get the show on the road.  The waiting has been the hardest part.  A few ways God has shown his love this week-
  I have been loading up on fruits and veggies this past week.  I usually drink 2 cups of coffee a day and almost a 2 liter of cup.  Horrible I know, but I have been doing it for years.  This past week I have cut out coffee and probably have less than a glass of coke a day.  Every time in the past that I have tried to cut out caffeine I have had horrible headaches.  I haven't had a SINGLE ONE!  I know I couldn't do this on my own.
  Another example - Joshua 1:9.  A verse my sister, aunt, and a few friends shared with me last week.  It is the wallpaper on my phone and I say it over and over throughout the day.  Yesterday I finally got it together to study my Sunday school lesson.  Guess what verse it was centered around?  Joshua 1:9!  I shared it on Facebook and a friend messaged me today - her pastor preached on the same verse.  She said she had been praying for me all day.
  I go to the doctor Tuesday afternoon.  I am sure I will post afterwards.  But between now and then we have 2 days of VBS to get through...and my kids sure are excited!

1 comment:

  1. Will pray for your appointment tomorrow. I hope you will find strength in "being still & knowing". He will be there with you. Praying. xx Selena Bragg

    ReplyDelete