Monday, May 18, 2015

Our First 5K!

Maddie and Turner decided a few months ago they wanted to run in their school's 5k.  They have been meeting at the school on Thursdays at 7 am to train.  I knee they couldn't do it by themselves so I signed up too.  Let me tell you how much I trained-zip, nada, not at all!  A few years ago I signed up to run the 1/2 marathon for St. Jude.  I ran 5-6 days a week and loved it.  Then I got pregnant with Harper Doodle, had my usual morning sickness, and training and the 1/2 marathon came to a screeching halt.  I have nor run since.
  So Friday night I was a bit nervous but planned on staying with Turner and figured I would be ok.  I am so proud of all of us!  It was super fun and a ton of people were there.  We ran in the rain, lightening, and finished the race.  Maddie finished 4 minutes ahead of us and Turner did awesome.  We ran much more than I thought we would.  Daddy and Harper were waiting on us at the finish line and Mimi and Boo Boo were at our house waving as we ran by.  Harper came up me, gave me a hug, and said "good job mommy".  Melt my heart!!
    They had Chick Fil A waiting on us and the kids played with their friends for a bit.  We had to skip out early to get the big kids to church.  They had an end of the year party going on that they couldn't miss.  Several of our church friends ran the race as well.  We love our school and church -Bartlett is a great place to race our family and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
  Guess what I did yesterday?  Ran in the rain and this girl is getting back in the game.  I feel so much better about myself when I am active and it is time to get back to it.  Praying the 100 degree weather holds off a bit longer:)

No comments:

Post a Comment