Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day 2015!

Yesterday was a great day!  We went to Church and headed to Mimi's for lunch.  It was a wild time with 5 wild children!  I am so thankful for our 3.  Yesterday a family that used to go to our church lost their 2 year old to cancer.  2 year old...Harper's age.  I can't imagine being in their shoes.  Our children are such precious gifts and can be taken from us at anytime.  It makes me want to soak in every second and make an extra effort to show them how much we love them.
  They showered me with homemade gifts and Turner gave me a gift he bought after Christmas.  He used his own money one day while out with daddy.  They immediately wrapped it and it has been in our kitchen ever since.  It was for Mother's Day and is a cross necklace and pair of earrings.  He is so proud that he was able to buy them for me for $4!!!  I will wear them often and love his giving and thoughtful spirit.
  We gave Mimi some goodies and enjoyed dips, hamburgers, french fries, and sundaes.  We let the kids play a bit and then headed home.  They played outside for another 3 hours on the trampoline and with the water hose.  Everyone had a good time.
  We missed seeing Nonna yesterday but will be heading there for Memorial Day.  Kev and I are both so fortunate to have been raised in loving homes.  We had great examples growing up, and I pray we are those same examples to our kids.
It was a good day!
  Our attempt at a family photo wasn't very successful;)

No comments:

Post a Comment