Thursday, May 28, 2015

A Slight Curveball!

98% of this blog is about the kids.  It is about our family and our journey.  Today we are beginning a new one, one that we will discuss with the kiddos tomorrow.  I found out today I have cancer in my lymph nodes.  Tomorrow an MRI will hopefully shed some light on where it is coming from.
  It has been a long two weeks.  A month ago I went in for my yearly exam.  Because of my mom and grandmother's history with breast cancer, it was recommended I have a mammogram.  That was at the beginning of last week.  That visit resulted in a needle biopsy yesterday.  That ended in the dreaded phone call this morning.
  Since that phone call, we have had friends and family come over and love on us.  Our sweet pastor who is also a friend came and prayed with us.  I have cried a lot and had friends cry with me.  I have apologized to my dad because the last thing I want is for my parents to worry about me. 
  We packed up our little family and went to the zoo.  I looked a hot mess and didn't even care!  The kids had fun and it was a normal outing.  It is our summer that we have been so excited about and I just want everyone to be happy.
  I firmly believe that this can and will be used for God's glory.  I love him right now as much as I did last month.  Probably more.  I can already name ways that his hand has been in this.  I don't have any symptoms and feel fine.  Actually, I have felt pretty bad since this morning but I am pretty sure it is all in my head;)
  If you read this, I just want to ask for prayer.  Pray for Kevin and the kids and our families.  Pray that we are wise in what we tell them.  I think they can really learn some life lessons from this and maybe even bring them to have a personal relationship with our Saviour.  What a blessing that would be in itself!
  Pray I can put my worries to rest and give it all to him.  Pray for the doctors I am about to meet and for wisdom for them.  Pray that I can be tough and handle what is thrown at me gracefully.  So...yeah...if you could just pray!
  I have taken a few selfish along the way, which is something I don't usually do.  The first is me being silly before my mammogram.  The next is me being scared after the biopsy.  I think God was already preparing me for today.  I will throw in a few pics from the zoo while I am at it.

9 comments:

  1. Missy I will be praying for you and your precious family. God has this--his healing hands will be on all of you. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy- nothing is impossible with God. Put your faith in Him and in his preparation of His healing ministers, your doctors. Go Forward and do what must be done. Don't try to feel all saintly...and don't think you deserve this or try to make it "all good." This is the pits, BUT, you will survive and your journey THROUGH IT will be your testimony. Believe me. I know it. Just ask Kelly Arwood. I love you and will pray hard for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying hard. Your beautiful. Be strong sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying hard. Your beautiful. Be strong sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying hard. Your beautiful. Be strong sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you and Gods healing hand. Bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete