Monday, August 15, 2011

A Few Firsts!







I have been trying to think of different things to be doing with the kids. We need things that are inexpensive to do, but new to try. Mimi gave me a book yesterday that has a bunch of things to do with your kids during summer break. So....our first new thing to do was to make homemade playdough. It was super easy, the kids loved making and playing with it, and it was cheap!!! We had to run to the store to pick up some extra salt and koolaid packets. So, for $1.09 we had a Sunday afternoon project:) The koolaid packets are what gives it color and makes it smell great. I was so worried Turner was going to start eating it, but he never did. Currently we have some purple and blue playdough and plan on making some more in the next day or so! Thanks Mimi for the book-I am sure we will be trying several more activities from it.


Another first for both the kids and me took place today. We decided to......wash my car!!!! Everyone that knows me, knows that I have a hard time keeping the inside of my car clean, and I have never washed the outside of it myself. Let's be honest....I don't know if I have ever taken my van to a car wash either. So, it definately needed some bubbles thrown its way and the kids had a great time! Boo Boo brought us some supplies over and suggested to Maddie that she squirt me with the water hose. Which she did.....and did.....and did-thanks Boo Boo, I 'll remember that:) So I now have a clean van and can start planning our next activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment