Sunday, August 1, 2010

Capturing Sweetness (and a new attitude)!!




Boy do I have a lot to say. Things at the Wilkes house just seem to be moving at a very fast past. I have several things I want to blog about-our friend the rabbit, my cousin got married, Nonna came for the weekend, but I will save that for another night. This has been a difficult week for me. This time of year always takes a little bit of adjusting and this year I think is going to prove to be even more of one for me. We go the whole summer with Daddy being home ALL the time, and before you know it both school and football start back at the same time. And this year I am doing it with a very active 3.5 and 1.5 year old. Daddy started having football every night last week and then tomorrow goes back to school. I now have to get back in the routine of waking up at 4:45 in the morning and getting myself and two little tots out the door by 6:30. By the time I get to work I am usually ready for a nap!! Then when I get home, I will be on my own till Daddy gets home. I laugh at myself because most husbands do have to work past 2:15:) It makes me realize how lucky we are to have such an involved husband/daddy and how much I appreciate everything he does for us.

I think coming back from Kentucky I was a little down in the dumps about the way the weekend went with Turner. It was very frustrating to me getting ugly looks from strangers and not being able to control my very cute and usually sweet almost 18 month old. I was angry at myself and sadly felt it being directed toward my children. So the beginning of the week was a little rough. I would come home from work, Kevin would leave. I would start counting down the minutes till I put the kids to bed. It was not FUN!! By the middle of the week, I was even angrier at myself for feeling this way. Here I am wishing I was a stay at home mom and not even enjoying the precious time I could be spending alone with my kids! So.....around Thursday (it sadly took me that long) I had a major turn around and came home with a whole different attitude. Let me tell you-my attitude contributes GREATLY to my children's attitude and their behavior. We had the BEST night!!!!! It was so nice just being home and enjoying them and not worrying about everything else that is going on around us. I love Maddie and Turner more than I ever thought possible and we are prepared to tackle football season and are going to have fun doing it!!

That being said-I am going to enjoy some one on one time with the kiddos tomorrow while Daddy goes to work and I stay home. They both went to the doctor today and we are doing breathing treatments, passing Dimetapp and Tylenol out like it is going out of style, and treating Turner for staph infection on his knee. I am praying the kids sleep through the night (we didn't do a lot of that this weekend) and are able to start back at Jene's on Tuesday. I hope they feel ok and I plan on giving out a lot of loving and just enjoying them. Tonight they were so sweetly playing together and I managed to capture a picture or two. There will be more updates in the next day or so, but I am calling it a night and going to try to get some sleep:)

No comments:

Post a Comment