Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!!










What an exciting, exhausting, fun-filled, blessed day!!! I started my day about 3:15 in the morning when Turner woke up screaming. I gave him a few minutes, but he never quit. I went and got him and we never went back to sleep. I wasn't sure whether it was his ears or his teeth, so I gave him some tylenol, but he was just restless. I am assuming now that it was his teeth, because he has been fine ever since. So Daddy joined us about 5 when he came to see what all the crying was about. He went outside to hide the easter eggs and it wasn't five minutes after he was finished, the Maddie walked in the den-perfect timing!!

First thing out of Maddie's mouth-"Did the Easter Bunny come?". I think she was remembering Christmas, because she was looking around the den and when she didn't see anything she said "oh no, did the bunny hop over our house?" Yeah right-as if I would let that happen:) So we took both kids into the kitchen to see their baskets. Turner did perk up quite a bit as he got to playing and Maddie thouroughly enjoyed going through all her goodies. Since it was still dark outside, we fixed breakfast before letting them find the eggs. Maddie was so sweet to Turner. She really wanted to be the one to find and pick up the egg, but she had no problem giving the eggs to him once she had gotten it. Turner was able to get a few on his own with Daddy's help.

After the excitement from the Easter Bunny died down, we all got ready for Church. The kids and Daddy looked pretty dern cute in their coordinating outfits-I will have to participate next year:) The service at Church was great and we had a full house! Some friends of ours visited yesterday and we really hope to see them again. Their little boy is Maddie's fishing buddy. After Church we went to Jim's Place East with my dad's side of the family. There was a bunch of us, and we were there FOREVER!! I loved seeing everyone, but the service wasn't great, and 3 hours was asking a little much of my kids. So, after lunch we went by Mimi and Boo Boo's for the kids to get their happy's from them. Maddie got a cute swimsuit cover up, book, dominos, and a craft. Turner got some swimming trunks, book, and hammer set. Turner slept through the visit, but Maddie enjoyed her goodies. Megs and Davids also had them each a stuffed animal, which Maddie has carried around ever since. Thanks y'all!!

We spent the rest of afternoon playing outside. Maddie rode her bike and Turner drove his car. It amazes me how well he drives it. He looks so grown up!! Over all, we had a great day spent with family and are thankful for Jesus and everything he did for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment