Saturday, May 23, 2009

Things don't always go as planned

I think it is better if I don't think too far ahead as far as plans for the day go. I had hoped Friday would be spent with the kids playing outside and cleaning for Nonna and Da's visit Saturday. Well I call my mom Friday morning to check on kids and she says that Turner is fussing a little and pulling at his right ear. Kevin had mentioned the day before that he had done the same thing, but we thought that he was just "discovering" his ear-WRONG! So I make a dr. appt., got get the kids, and off we go. On the way there, Maddie starts complaining about her eye and it scratching it a lot. By the time we got called back to his office, the nurse asks if she has pink eye. Now both kids are being seen by the doctor and my plans for the day are all but forgotten. Poor Turner has not one, but 2 ear infections, but luckily Maddie's eye is not pink eye, but due to allergies. Off to Walgreens I go for eye drops for Maddie and an antibiotic for Turner. $90 later we are back at home and praying for an uneventful weekend.
In the past month, Turner been to the doctor for croup, thrush, and now ear infections. Maddie has been to the doctor 3 times for coughing-asthma issues, and now her eye. Turner will go back in two weeks for his 4 month shots. Thank the Lord for insurance, because we definately use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment