Monday, February 29, 2016

Father Daughter Banquet!

Saturday was Maddie's first time to attend the Father Daughter Banquet held for the GA's at church.  We were so excited for her to be able to go.  We were out town the past 2 years for gymnastics.  I had picked up a dress at Target a few months ago that was marked down to  $10.  It seemed like a cute banquet dress:) 
  The day of I ordered her a corsage for her daddy to give her.  She wanted her hair straightened and I put a little make up on her.  I got to be honest....I ordered the corsage because the whole day I told her and her daddy that they were going to a dance.  Having grown up Catholic, I forget the no dancing rule....ha!  Pretty sure our church won't be hosting a dance anytime soon:)
  Maddie gets completely ready and it is time to put on her shoes.  Whoops, I forgot about shoes...and she has none that go with the dress.  So I dart out of the house and head to Payless.  I quickly find a pair that will have to work and head home.  I can't imagine life in our house on a few years.  Particular, sassy, Maddie at 9 is one thing.  Picturing her at 13 is downright scary!  But lots of prayer will get us through.
  Maddie walked in to the den and Kev was so sweet with her.  I pray they are always close and that she uses him as an example of the type of man she wants to marry.  They had a great time and a group of them headed to Sheridan's afterwards for ice cream.  Only a man would plan an outside, ice cream date, when it is 50 degrees outside and the girls are wearing little dresses.  They had fun, so what do I know anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment