Sunday, February 28, 2016

Aloha!

Maddie had an in town meet a few weeks ago.  She had lots of family support and had a good time.  She scored a 9.3 on bars, which was her highest bar score this year and placed 4th.  She got 2nd on vault, 5th on beam, and 6th on floor (I think that is the order:)
  She was so pumped after the meet, she decided to head straight to a 3 hour practice.  I was shocked.  Meets are pretty exhausting on us all and I couldn't believe she wanted some more.  I watched her work on her full turn on the beam for 30 minutes solid minutes.  She would fall off, get back on, and try again.  She cried, was so frustrated, but never gave up.  It has been the hardest skill for her to master.  Her last meet is this weekend and I am praying that she sticks it and scores high on beam.  I want her to see her hard work pay off.
  Harper and Turner had more fun than usual, Aubry was there for her first "nastics" experience.  This has been a quick season, with only 1 more meet to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment