Friday, March 4, 2016

Done!!

I finished radiation 2 weeks ago today and am happy to be done!  My skin has been a mess, but is finally starting to look better.  In the past 9 months I have had 5 months worth of chemotherapy, a major surgery, 5 weeks of radiation, and endless doctors appointments.  That, my friends, is coming to an end.  While I am so thankful, it is a little scary to know I won't be living at the doctors office.  They gave me reassurance, and it was comforting knowing that I was fighting this horrible disease.
  What's next?  I will take Tamoxifen for about 10 years since my cancer was estrogen induced and I am not old enough to be in menopause.  So this medicine will put me and keep me there.  There are some side effects that have made people choose not to take it.  I am on day 3 and just praying for the best.  I will have one more surgery in September where they will also take my port out.  My doctor plans on me never needing it again.  Again, I am praying he is right.
  These days are a little scary for me, causing a bit of anxiety, and fear of the cancer showing up somewhere else.  That is no way to live, you say.  You can't worry about the future.  I agree, and tell myself these things daily.  It is hard to overcome, but I am so thankful for my health and where I am today.  This last year has been a roller coaster.  But God is faithful, good, and the great physician!  Joshua 1:9 is still a good verse for me to cling to, and I am trying to enjoy and appreciate each day as it comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment