Thursday, January 7, 2016

New Year's Eve!

Turner is our planner, our organized boy.  He is a little like Mimi I think.  He saw an episode of Ruby and Max where they had a New Year's Eve party.  It consisted of cookies and blowhorns.  So he wanted to have one too.  We didn't have plans for that night, so we let Turner plan a party. 
  I took him to the Dollar Tree where he had a list of everything we needed.  He decided on the food, games, decorations...everything!  He wanted to decorate 4 days in advance but I was able to hold him off a few days.  He invited Megs and her crew and Mimi and Boo Boo.
  Wouldn't you know the day before he started running fever and woke up with the croup.  Everyone chose to still come, but he wasn't feeling his best.  Harper was still puny and the doctor closed early for the holiday. 
  We all enjoyed Turners party, but no one made it till Midnight.  I think everyone had gotten so wound up, that once everyone left the coughing began.  Harper and Turner both were getting sick from all the hacking.  For some crazy reason I have never handled coughing well.  It tends to given me anxiety and I don't sleep when my kids are sick with coughing.  So...Maddie and I loaded up and headed to Mimi and Boo Boo's to sleep.  We did that the next night as well.
  It was a sickly break, but we were home and together (for the most part;)

No comments:

Post a Comment