Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Lately!

This is just a random, out of order post.  We are getting back in the swing of things and have had lots going on.  Today is my first day back at work and one of my sweet kids brought me flowers.  They have loved me well during this season.
  Harper had her haircut for the first time a few weeks ago.  I took her to Sweet and Sassy and she was such a big girl. Mimi Boo Boo and best friend Aubry stopped by to watch.  We then headed to TCBY for some ice cream. Those girls sure do love each other.  They are best friends until one doesn't get her way;)
  Boo Boo had a birthday the 15th and we went bearing gifts.  We bought him a Memphis Tigers yard sign and I think he was pleased.  He then spent the evening at church for a men's retreat. His sons in laws joined him. 
  Last week the kids got report cards and we celebrated at Cheesecake Factory because we had a giftcard.  Yum!!  Both Maddie and Turner have made straights A's all year....we all deserved some cheesecake. School is hard work!
  We celebrated Austin turning 2 with a Thomas the Train party at the gym.  Megs did a great job and everyone had fun.  There was a train bouncer and my kids never tire of those!
  Mo has had her first competition as an Xcel Gold and it was an experience.  She didn't walk away with all 1st place medals this go around.  She placed 4th on floor with a 9.525, which is her highest ever score.  We think she looked great, but this a totally different program.  She spends a lot less time at the gym and competed against girls that practice 18 hours a week.  So we have tried lowering her expectations.  She was disappointed, but still said she had fun.  That is the main goal, so mission accomplished.  We head to AL this weekend and will see how it goes.
  Rowdy had his 2nd round of shots this week and is doing great.  Sleeps in his crate well and is having less accidents in the house.  All 3 kids are doing great with him and he is a perfect addition to our family!  He does add a little stress in the morning when I am trying to get everyone out the door.  But he is keeper!
  I was marked Monday for radiation and am set to start Monday.  I will post more on that next week.  They are calling for snow tomorrow night and into Friday.  I could use a snow day my first week back:) Pretty sure the rest of my family wouldn't complain either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment