Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Taxol 2/12 Complete!

I have started my weekly Taxol treatments and have completed 2.  While I think they are easier to handle than the other, neither are fun.  But I am able to go to work the next day and have even functioned pretty well the day of treatment.  The only bummer is Monday is Kev's football games, so he isn't home to help and my parents are doing a ton.  Not sure we could make it without them.  So thankful!
  Dad went with me last week and Mom and Megs went with me yesterday.  They give me a benadryl in my port before the treatment, so I have fallen asleep for a bit the last 2 times.  My counts are pretty low and the Doctor was impressed with how well I handling everything, so that is good news.  Another huge praised the doctor couldn't feel the mass at all last Monday!!  We don't know definitely that it's gone, but it is shrinking and the chemo is doing its job.
  I have said this a few times, but I can not tell you how many blessings we have received from cancer.  We have been getting meals 3 times a week for over 2 months!!  Amazing and so appreciated.  We cut it off for the end of the month and might open it back up once I have surgery.  I can not believe everyone's generosity and desire to help take care of us.  We have lots of gift cards to eat, and I received 2 blessing boxes.  Kelly and her mom, and a sweet friend from church both brought me a gift to open before each treatment.  It is my favorite part of chemo day;)  My Sunday School class has given me multiple gifts on Sundays before treatment days.  Most Mondays my mom has a happy for me as well. 
  I want to give a shout out to Kev as well!  What a patient, understanding, and loving husband he has been.  He never complains, is always willing to give me a break when I know he is tired himself.  He is my biggest fan and the best father to our children.  He is my biggest blessing of all and couldn't go through this without him.
  Even though I don't always feel well, God has allowed me to get through this much easier than it could have been and I am so thankful.  He is good, faithful, and has taught me to be strong and courageous!

No comments:

Post a Comment