Monday, April 28, 2014

Fifth's Disease....probably

Harper had been on a 20 day antibiotic for about 10 days Saturday.  The doctor said she would be sensitive to the sun.  Saturday morning the kids had a soccer game.  Nonna and B rayden came to watch and my family was there.  Harper was outside for about an hour.   I took the kids to a skating party and when we got home we noticed Harper's cheeks were really red.  We headed to Somerville that night to hang out with the Atwood and fish.  Great time but Harper's sweet face was just looking pitiful by the time we left.
  Sunday morning she woke up and looked burnt to a crisp on arms and face.  I felt horrible and made Kev stay home with her while we went to church.  Her skin was on fire.  This morning she woke up and her face was back to normal but her entire body was splotchy.  Off to the doctor we went.
  They took her blood and she is possibly allergic to the antibiotic, but he really thinks it is fifths disease.  It just has to run its course and isnt contagious once you break out.  I am so thankful I didnt burn my child to a crisp and luckily it doesnt seem to bother her!!  Always something:)

No comments:

Post a Comment