Sunday, April 27, 2014

To Flip or Not!

This past week was stressful.  Friday we had to sign whether or not we were going to commit to another year at the gym.  For us this means a lot of time spent at the gym, which means less family time, and a lot of money spent.  Money that we dont always have.  We have spent the past few years living by faith,  and God has always graciously met our every need.
  I never want my kids to not be able to do something they love and that I think is good for them.  I dont want a talent to be wasted, and I do think Maddie has a talent in gymnastics.  All she does at home is gymnastics, and yet at times she complains about going to practice.  She has said she wants to quit and then five minutes later is asking for a new leotard.  At 7, I think it it is hard for Maddie to know what she truly wants.  She does know that once she quits,  there will be no going back.  That always makes her say she wants to continue on.
  Monday the kids went to the dentist.  Maddie has to have $1100 worth of dental work done next month.  I just cried, not knowing how we were going to pay for it and felt God might be shutting the door to gymnastics.  I know that God calls us to do things at times that aren't easy or not what we necessarily want to do.  So the week was spent in prayer.  We prayed for wisdom and discernment.
  We have two other children that we want just as much for.   We aren't willing to sacrifice one for another.  I was beginning to think I was making gym too much of a priority.  Was I wanting Maddie to do gymnastics for me or for her?  So many emotions and hard questions have been asked this past week. 
  Thursday morning I woke and felt like it was time to stop.  Kev and I talked, and with me crying, pretty much decided we were going to make Maddie quit.  We were willing to do that if it was what God was calling us to do.  Let me just say-we signed the commitment letter Friday and are there another season.  After that conversation, different doors were opened and I think we made the right decision.  I also think I was given a wake up call.  I try to make so many decisions on my own and they all need to be made through prayer.  All things all possible through Christ, and he has proven that to me over and over again. 
  This might seem like a silly long post just about gymnastics.  But this week was about so much more.  My Sunday School lesson this morning was about hope....his timing is and always will be perfect.  So thankful for hard decisions and opportunities to grow closer to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment